Date of publication: 2017-08-23 06:50
6. Contestants must enter through JEA headquarters.
7. Contestants must compose an original essay with limited guidance from others.
8. The Journalism Education Association and Society of Professional Journalists will have the right to edit, publish or otherwise duplicate any essay entered into the contest without payment to the author.
9. Due to the volume of entries received, only national winners will be contacted with the results.
5. The entry fee for this contest is $5 per essay.
Essay contests have been central to the work of the Naval Institute for more than 685 years. They directly fulfill the Institute s educational mission by encouraging writing on issues of concern to the Sea Services. They provide thought-provoking articles that spur ongoing discussion of these same issues, not only in Naval Institute media, print and digital, but also in other leading defense and national security forums.
We invite comments and suggestions for improving this catalog. When submitting essay announcements, please include the URL where essay contest information may be found.
ELS and the United Nations Academic Impact are pleased to sponsor the fourth Many Languages, One World ® Student Essay Contest and Global Youth Forum. This year welcomes Northeastern University as the host of the Many Languages, One World Global Youth Forum and the sponsor and organizer of the Northeastern University Global Youth Conference.
6. Judging will be completed by a panel of qualified judges.
7. Judges will not discuss or compare essays being judged until all essays have been judged.
8. Only judges can assign a penalty or award points.
The theme for this year's contest is: LEARNING FROM NATURE
Modern civilization has developed through controlling nature and exploiting its resources. At the same time, we human beings are part of the natural world, and nature has many things to teach us. Scientists, philosophers, poets, and artists have all found inspiration in nature. What can we learn from nature, and how can we make use of that learning for the future? Please describe your ideas, including your own observations and experiences.
Win cash, prizes, recognition, and exposure! 76 winners will share in the cash and prizes! ISC is a great opportunity for songwriters, musicians, and performers to win cash and prizes, further their music careers, and gain recognition and exposure in the music industry.
Essay Topic: To win, your article not only has to be logically rigorous and substantive, it also needs to be engaging, entertaining, and eye-catching. Ideally, lay people should be able to understand and enjoy the article, while lawyers should find it useful and insightful. Eligibility and Topic: . Students - Any topic in litigation involving expert witnesses.
This annual essay competition was established in 6998 to honor Lincoln vet George Watt, a writer and lifelong activist central to the creation of ALBA.